The mushroom tea isn’t one of those difficult recipes but it is the easiest that you can make at home in your kitchen. Let’s look deeper into the recipe that is easy to make, but you can even add your own twist according to your personal taste and enjoy some incredible health benefits. Learn how to make shroom tea easily by reading simple steps below.
Many celebrities and health professionals are launching an interest in mushroom tea because they’re always one step ahead.
What is Mushroom Tea?
It is a mixture of mushrooms in water, made by using edible mushrooms. It is tasty and comes with numerous advantages. Mushroom Tea is usually made from lingzhi or psychedelic mushrooms which are both safe to eat and offer many health benefits.
Recommended: How to change acura key battery?
Enjoy all benefits just by drinking a cup of tea and boost your health.
- Improve immune system
- Possesses Anti-Inflammatory effects
- Abundant in Antioxidants
- Fights Cancer
- Lowers Blood Pressure
- Anti-aging properties
- Body booster
- A healthy replacement for caffeine.
- May Helps treat depression
- 1 kettle or saucepan
- A large bowl to make everything
- A coffee grinder, mortar, and a pestle, or maybe the chopping boards and knife to break up dry mushrooms
- A filter for coffee or a fine mesh filter that helps you squeeze out the leftover mushrooms in the infusion
- Your mug which can contain a decent amount of liquid, or maybe a teapot for tea.
- 3-3.5g of dry psilocybe cubensis mushrooms
- 1.5-2 cups water (somewhere between 350-400ml)
- Two teabags (high-quality, decaffeinated) the tea of your choice or herbal.
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- A few ginger pieces (the risk of nausea will be reduced even more and will improve the taste.
- Lemon juice (However, it is highly recommended. This enhances the taste.
How To Make Shroom Tea
- Diminish the mushrooms into small pieces using a coffee grinder. It’s not necessary to grind them to a fine powder because this way you can enlarge the surface area, allowing more contact with the tea for better results.
- Put 2 cups of the water into the kettle or the saucepan, and bring it up to the point of boiling.
- Remove the water from the heat and allow it to cool for 20 seconds
- Pour one cup of water into the cup that holds the mushrooms.
- Place the teabag in the cup and allow to infuse for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Take the teabag out and strain the remaining sludge from the cup, inserting the clean mushrooms back into the bowl. Then, pour the mushrooms that have been filtered back into the cup.
- Boil 2nd cup of water using a kettle or saucepan again.
- Add 1 tablespoon of honey, and some pieces of ginger while the water is boiling. After properly boiling, let it cool down for 20 seconds.
- Put the water in the glass (that includes the previously filtered ground-up)
- Then, add the second teabag and allow it to be brewed for 10-13 minutes.
- Remove the teabag and then filter it one more time and pour the resulting liquid into a bowl with the tea you previously made
- Make sure to squeeze them in order to remove all the liquid
- Dispose off the rest of the mushrooms. In your bowl, you’ve got an entire serving of tea made from magic. Put it in the mug you prefer after filtering through the same way.
The recipe I’ve provided is suitable for 3.5g. It’s important to remember that this is a dosage that isn’t easy for one person, however, the amount can be adjusted according to the requirements of individual.
Also read: How much is 70 kilograms to pounds?
However it’s the best way to make shroom tea. If you want to increase the number of shrooms, you’ll need to increase the amount of water, as the absence of water and a huge amount of chopped shrooms will create a more dense cream, which is harder to remove.
Side Effects & Safety
While drinking shroom tea, It is essential to be aware about the reality that the experience is likely to start earlier and become more intense. Similar to any Psilocybin trip, people should ensure that they are located in a space in which they feel secure and at peace.
On the other hand, undesirable negative effects could occur like depression, paranoia, anxiety attacks, panic attacks, or even a brief psychosis, if psilocybin is taken in huge quantities.
It is generally accepted that Psilocybin does not have any dependence risk and may even hold potential for treating certain substance abuse disorders, such as the addiction to nicotine and alcoholism.
But it is not recommended for those with mental disorders such as bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, an individual or family history of psychosis, or any other type of heart condition that may trigger tachycardia and/or hypertension.
Avoid taking Psilocybin or any other form of it if pregnant or nursing as there is no evidence of the safety or efficacy in this regard. Never inject your body with shrooms or extracts of magical mushrooms in any way.
A page written by Live Science in 2021 detailed the terrifying experience of a man aged 30 who infused tea into the veins of his body.
He ended up in an emergency department, with the fungus growing in his blood. He needed treatment for organ failure that affected multiple systems and was in long-term care for many months. Thankfully, cases like this happen rarely but this message should reach shroom lovers.
Another recipe for magic shroom:
This recipe is simple and comes with its advantages and disadvantages when compared with tea method. Be sure to keep your preferences and requirements in mind.
It’s about placing the shrooms- crushed into a powder this time to drink citrus juice (and lemon juice, most probably) This will raise the acidity and speed up the transformation of the psilocybin into the psilocin.
After you’ve added the ground powder, you can wait for at least 20-25 minutes, and then drink it after mixing it again.
You can also put the dry shrooms into a blender, then add the squeezed lemon and orange, and then blend it well. It is a fantastic option for those who don’t own a coffee grinder.
The shrooms require a certain amount of liquid to be ground up using the blender or juicer; otherwise, they’ll fly around without even touching the blades.
Feel like throwing up
Most people don’t really suffer from this negative side effect. For me, I never had it, not even once. A few people have it the first couple of times however, they don’t get it after that.
I think the issue could result from what individuals eat at their last meal, and the amount of time they’ve been fasting prior to drinking shroom tea.
Be aware of this and you could be able to solve the issue swiftly and efficiently. The bad flavor of dried shroom can also be the reason for nausea
If this is the case, the best solution is to disguise the taste and make some sort of liquid that is able to be consumed quickly, perhaps while you hold your nose. In this way, you may not taste any flavor in the slightest.
How Long Does Shroom Tea Take to Kick In?
shroom tea trip varies in terms of time. However, in general it takes around 25-30 minutes to an hour for the full trip to take place.
There are many factors that might affect how long it takes for Psilocybin’s effects to set in, including the category of magic mushroom being brewed, the amount of shrooms, and the potentiator ,(meaning the reactive agent, like lemon juice or another citrus substance, which can help the conversion of Psilocybin in the gut to occur faster